Entry 8

20 Oct

COOL: http://www.tomscott.com/weather/starwars/

Helping to train your pet out of the ‘8 Rudest Pet Behaviors’: http://blogs.discovery.com/daily_treat/2010/10/the-8-rudest-pet-behaviors.html#mkcpgn=fbapl1

Had a good Monday evening. ^_^ Had mac and cheese last night, with some diced tomato on top and a yummy Dr Pepper. Getting up a bit late today, but it feels nice.

Bet you didn’t know: the typical robo dwarf hamster is the wild type, like the default. As in, if you do the Punnett square of both parents being Aa, to see all of the possible offspring, you get this:

AA, Aa, Aa would all exhibit the A version of the trait, because it’s dominant. aa would be different, and show the recessive version of the trait. For example, A=brown eyes, a=blue eyes. But if you have Aa, they’d still have brown eyes because the A is dominant (this is not accurate for eyes, since there are probably more things involved and also more color possibilities).  But it’s an example, all the same. So! What I’m saying is, there’s a 75% chance of getting a regular looking robo hamster, and a 25% chance of getting the agouti.

WHICH IS REALLY CUTE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WF_Robo.jpg

The regular (wild type): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Robo_pair.jpg

Again, there may be multiple genes involved in determining the coloration of the hamsters, but that’s a general idea of how it works, if you forgot your high school biology. BY THE WAY – he’s called a ‘robo’ because the dude’s last name was Roborovski.

Justin Bieber? NO THANKS. Justin Bieber slowed down 800%? Surprisingly good! It’s like the ocean.. Reminds me of a bunch of music I was listening to on Pandora a while back, but I forget the names. Check it out: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jason-sigal/sloweddown-bieber-an-epic_b_695695.html

A cute cat that likes to perch on its owner’s head: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/human-cat-perch-video.html

Another cute cat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OTbJGtEDUw&feature=related

Always a good one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bmhjf0rKe8&feature=related

PS3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3OmE5gfbPU Not sure I’d ever do this with a gaming system, but hey, still kind of neat.

LOL so true: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeTPNjPiyJM&feature=channel ANYONE will try to friend on Facebook! For me it’s like, if you went to school with me for years and never bothered to speak to me, don’t try to friend me on FB, you idiot. If I don’t even know you, your chances just went from silm to NONE. If you were an ass to me, you also don’t stand a chance.

I have a few albums by her, but apparently not this one. Lovely song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK-rGkvr1WM&feature=related

Well, onto another Wednesday!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: